S-10 model change

What year was the year of the first non-boxy looking S-10?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

1994 for the pickup 1995 for the Blazer

Personally I prefer the old style and plan on keeping my 1994 S15 Jimmy as long as I can get parts !

--reed

Reply to
Reed

I thought the same, then started having to make expensive repairs. Picked up a 2000 S-10 and love it, but it's also been slightly troublesome.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Same happened to me, when I was able to poke my finger through the sheet metal in my 88 I bought a 2000 2.2L. The underpowered engine ended up overheating the transmission and killed it.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

I donnot need to poke Holes in my 89.. I got lots of big rust holes in it. But the s10 4x4 ( 7ft bed) is on its 11th year as a snow plow truck. ( Great for doing commercial parking lots..I can go right down the sidewalks with it ) No coolers Just a 4.3 automatic with 275,000 miles on it Same tranny, same engine..

history follows

changed 4 wheel vacumm switch 4 times changed driveshaft universals ONE TIME Change oil & filter 5 times since I purchased it in OCT 1988 Tranny has same oil that came in it!

3rd set of tires change fuel pump last month still has original Gas filter Change Brake shoes once change brake pads 3 times Change CV joint boots at 45,000 miles ( originals must be junk) repaired radiator leak las year with a HAMMER & PUNCH changed Engine belt ONCE 65,000 miles ( factory JUNK again) changed oil filter 3 months ago because a hole rusted in it ! ( Fram ) put overload rear spring on it at 5,000 miles Changed pcv valve about 20 times No oil leakes what so ever I plan on Changing The CAB, Fenders & Box this summer, While it is Resting for NEXT WINTER !

I figure it's True Value is ruffly $22,000.00 since That will be about what I will have to pay for a New replacement if anyone of you was to want to buy my RUSTY-TRUSTY s10 at it TRUE VALUE

By the Way. it cost me $8,600.00 for it NEW with 8 miles on the SPEEDO oct 1988

Warrentee was gone in 5 weeks. due to milage . Truck was window/door installation & service truck.

Reply to
no one

This was 1995.

Reply to
Fred Fartalot

As was mentioned in an earlier reply, 94 was the first year for the pickup, 95 was the first year for the utility.

Reply to
Mike Levy