Torsion bars

Alright, going to replace the idler arm, pitman arm, outer tie rod and relax the torsion bars on my 91 Silverado. To fit the tires (35's) I am going to trim the fenders a bit.

What would be the best way to assure the bars are set the same? Should I back the bolts all the way out (or would that be a mistake?) and start from scratch? Or should I just release tension equally on both bolts? I do have doubts about both bars being equal (the truck is lifted) set right now. Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA Thom

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

Jeff