wheel alignment

We did a wheel alignment on a ford f 350. It had one collar to adjust the toe in and out. The 1992 GMC van has 2 collars close to each tie rod. Do both of these have to be adjusted, or just one. Also, is there a way you can adjust the camber "if needed"? ...thanx in advance

b wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@shawnews.vc.shawcable.net:

'collars' adj individualy to adjust toe and keep steering wheel level..............camber adjustments on GM van = yes.............

Reply to
Kjun

Thanx Kjun...couple more questions:

1: Toe should be in by 1/8th of an inch? 2: Is there a way to tell if the camber is out, and if so, how can you tell? 3: I guess you use shims do adjust the camber? The Van in question is wearing on the outside of both tires. Everything is tight, tie rod ends, ball joints, upper and lower control arms, pitman arm, idler arm, etc., are all good. Nothing moves.

pretty involved questions, but any help would be appreciated...ty

a REAL alignment shop will be the only one to discuss camber adjustments with.......toe adjust is the biggest concern for tire wear if no crash damage has occured....eighth inch may be about right for specs but i try to get closer to zero toe for tire wear probs.

Reply to
Kjun