Tow fuse; '97 Chev G1500 Express Van

Anybody know if there's a separate fuse installed for the trailer wiring harness on this van? I bought the van new with the trailer tow package installed; the wiring harness was taped up under the frame in the rear, all wires nicely labeled. I added a 4 wire harness for my boat trailer years ago and haven't had problems until now. Twice, the fuse for the running/dashboard lights has failed on the way home. I separated the trailer connector from the vehicle connector and used one of those trailer harness light check things, and it didn't illuminate for any lights. I replaced the trailer wiring harness and used a continuity light clipped to the ground wire. I didn't get any indication of power for turn/hazard/brake/running lights. I suspect there's a separate fuse, but there's no mention of it in the owners manual. I could pull and inspect every fuse, but could that cause anything that needs electricity to fail or lose it's memory, requiring me to take it to the dealer for service?

Reply to
William G. Andersen

get yourself a 12v test light at an auto parts place. That way you can check all the fuses withaout pulling them. You can pull them all 1 by 1, all you will loose is you radio and clock settings. You can get a device to stop that to at the auto parts store too....

Reply to
Scott M