Towing limits of 1999 chev silverado

I have a 1999 chev silverado V6 4.3 and wondering if I can tow a Travel Trailer @ a dry weight of 4740lbs ????

Reply to
Brent Marsden

It wont be no speed demon, but it should do the job.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I pull a 20 foot bass boat with the 4.3 all the time. I'm guessing, boat, motor and trailer weighs no more than 3500 lbs, and its pushing it. It would certainly do better with a 3.73 rear end. I always pull in third gear, less strain on the tran. Best have a trans cooler installed or you'll smoke it. By the time you ad all your gear, you could have nearly 3 tons and it will be a beast to tow.

RC

Reply to
RC

If you don't have an good quality aux. transmission cooler(or the towing package), prepare for a burned-up transmission.

Randy

Reply to
R. O'Brian