transmission

Hi All, Through a crazy set of circumstances I have a chevy transmission and I am not sure which one it is. I know it is either a 4L60E or a 4L80E because of the shape and wire plug, what I don't know is how to tell them apart. Is there a way to tell them apart just by looking at them? Thanks for any help you can give. Rick

Reply to
Rhbuxton

a 4l60e has a rectangular pan w/ 16 bolts a 4l80e has a longish sort of rectanglular pan (sort of rounded on one end) with *i think* 17 bolts.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase