Dakota Transmission Identification

Hello Group... Do you know what transmission I have in my truck...I know it is a 42RE Transmission but I am looking for the part number...apparently there are lots and I cant find a tag...

2001 Dodge Dakota, 2WD 3.9 litre engine VIN: 1B7GL 2AXC1 S1028 57 Glove Box Tag for Auto trans: DGB DGK Will any of these ones fit??

52119835AA

52119834AB

Thanks for your help...

Steve

Reply to
Steve N

The part number is stamped in the main case on the drivers side just above the pan gasket.

This unit is for a 4WD.

This unit is listed for '00 and '01 2WD, it should work but might need a computer flash.

Reply to
John Kunkel