Transmission Cooler Installation - GMC Canyon

It wasn't just the hoses that were crap ...

VBG

Dunno, I hear what you are saying and of course you are right or we wouldn't see so many such fittings, but... this probably just falls in the category of irrational aversion for me.

Come on, everybody has at least ONE of those, don't they?

Reply to
Commentator

I ASSumed that because of your question you were unfamilar with the process. It isn't hard (like most things) if you have the tools and know what you are doing.

Reply to
Sigwings

Fair enough.

Reply to
Commentator

So after all of that...

Moot discussion, other than the fact I learned something.

The gear came today, and the cooler (Hidden Hitch) only has a push-on connector. Rubber hoses it is, then, my bias be damned.

Thanks again to all who helped with my questions on this project.

As an aside, I am well pleased with etrailer.com. The prices, even after factoring in exchange rates, shipping, and brokerage fees, were much better than I could get locally and it only took just over a week (9 days) from order to delivery in Ottawa.

Locally, the best price I was quoted for hitch receiver, harness, and cooler was $600 CDN not installed. The invoice with etrailer.com was $426 CDN with $100 CDN due at the door for brokerage and taxes. To boot, this included two ballmounts, and 1 7/8" and 2" balls. So I saved $75 + whatever the ballmounts and balls would have cost locally.

Reply to
Commentator