Transmission temp on 1500HD

Hi all,

I have an 03 1500HD 4x4 LT with a 6.0L. I've had the truck 1 year (purchased new) and it now has 24,000 miles on it. I bought the truck in July. I live in Orlando FL. (typical 90 degree wheather)

Last summer my transmission temp never went above 120 degrees. I typically do highway driving in 2 wheel drive without towing anything. In the last several weeks I've noticed that my tranny temp regularly hits 180 degrees and has gone as high as 200. Again, just highway driving not pulling a load. Also, when the transmission gets that hot I there is a noticable whine at low speeds. It sounds like a garbage truck, but not quite as loud, but it's very noticable.

I took it to the dealer and they said that found an o-rinig that needed to be replaced and all should be well, but nothing has changed.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? What should I expect my tranny temp to be running in 2 wheel drive without towing or carrying a load?

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I live over in Pensacola. Weather isn't too much different. The temp gauge on mine diesel w/ Allison) usually reads anywhere between 100 to 200 degrees. When it gets really hot it does the school bus sound. This is some sort of cooling system I thing since it usually goes away after awhile.

Reply to
SpaseKase