Why you shouldn't park where you fish.

Yes, that freak is me...

-- "Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson Formerly: KJ the Lonely Grease Monkey

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Do you think you can hook something like this from that fishing hole of yours?????

I'l bet NOT.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
In ten more years

Damn, I bet that cat was 50 years old!

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Almost makes ya feel bad... I bet that model T (our best guess) is about that old too....

-GMC Gremlin's Half Brother

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

Damn, I'll bet that thing could take your hand off in one bite?

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

How about this: Should you wear clothes when you go hunting?

Yep...that's me.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

This is my kinda fishing!

No that's not me... LOL

el Diablo

DUDE that is one hell of a fish! I bet it took you an hour at least to get him in! That kinda looks like Moby Dick!

Reply to
abomb6900

I can't take credit for that lunker. I found that on the Kerr lake website and just had to share it with all you Chevy fanatics.

Reply to
In ten more years

Hi!

Eh, could be worse. Work a job where you see lots of people and you'll see what I mean if you've never had a job like that.

Now the rest of the picture and its relation with the subject line I don't get. I'm guessing that the rusty looking thing is some vehicle piece.

Wild Bill The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Hi! (to myself?)

Now I didn't think I had a picture around, and I'm sure all of you are about to breath a sigh of relief thinking you wouldn't have to look at my ugly mug, but I found a rather old one:

I *might* have been 18 when that was taken. I looked better then than I do now...

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Didn't we all? I still have one of those Piper Cub's around. The body is in pieces, but I bought another kit so that I can rebuild it someday. Used to do a lot of RC flying, just can't seem to find the time to do it right now. I prefer aircraft over cars any day.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

There were fish in that pic? I didn't notice any....

Reply to
Homer

Might change your mind about that if you'd worked on them for 36 yrs. I don't even want them flying over my house if i can ever retire.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
gfulton

"> >

They have two yellow fins and a tiny little yellow flipper just below the belly....

Reply to
Eightupman

Why, Garrett? Just too many years working on the things? I probably don't care to much about actually working on them, I just enjoy reading about them, and I spent many years building and flying models of them.

I've a particularly soft spot for an aircraft called the Helio Courier. Not sure if you are at all familiar with them. Grew up flying in them quite a bit. As a passenger, not a pilot. I've got some old plans for a model of one, but I need to have them blown up to a larger scale and then I think I'll start building one. I have my doubts as to whether I could replicate the Handley-Page automatic leading edge slats, so I would probably leave that alone. In fact, replicating the original ailerons with opposing spoilers will probably be a tough one too. Ah well, something to do in the later years I suppose.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Refresh my memory please... Wasn't the Helio an auto gyro? I still have an original Guillow's p-38 Lightning still in the box un-assembled. It was originally for free flight or single channel rudder control, but with these new lightweight radios....... Haven flown in years but you got me thinking. JR

Reply to
JR

No, it was/is an exceptional STOL aircraft made in the 50's. You can see a bunch of pictures and stuff about it at:

Yeah, you might be able to get it going. Depends on how big your model is. The smaller they are, the harder they are to fly. I started flying as a kid with free flight models. Lots of fun, but we ended up losing too many of them in the cornfields or up a tall tree. I also did a bit of control line flying. That was fun in that you could do it in a confined space (I used to just fly on a tennis court).

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Interesting website, Ian. The one called the Zenith with the long engine nacelle, I'm assuming it's got a turboshaft engine in there. It must flat_jump_off the ground.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

I'm not quite sure why that's in the collection as it's nothing more then a kit plane. Perhaps the web site owner knows them personally. It does look like it has a turboshaft engine.

Personally, I like the looks of the Stallion. I've never seen one of those in real life, as the planes we used were all the piston engine Couriers. The organization that used the Helio Couriers, "JAARS" also used another plane in Nepal called the Pilatus Porter. We never saw one where I grew up, but we heard plenty of stories about them. They used turboshaft engines and I suspect they could leave the ground in a hurry.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai