02 Caravan: replace A/C air filter?

2002 Dodge Caravan SE. I want to replace the air conditioning air filter. What it says in the manual makes no sense. There does not appear to be a unlock mechanism underneath the passenger instrument panel. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

_______ Free Windows Clipboard Utility

Mike the Canadian

Your minivan does not have it! Most vehicles do not. It was installed primarily in the Town and Country limited model's except the lowline T&C's available in the US. If you have it, you would have a sliding mechanism in the spot mentioned. Mopar offered a kit to equip Minivans with the interior air filter but cancelled it after one year. All it was was the sliding door. And you cut the opening in the bottom if the channel to slide in the filter.

Reply to
hartless

Reply to
philthy

You only have a sliding cover if you have one!

Reply to
hartless