1960 Chrysler Windsor

Greetings,

I am new to the list, and Mopar in general. Recently I found and acquired a

1960 Chrysler Windsor with the intentions of restoring it, and have since been amazed at the total lack of information to be had on the Internet on this car. I posted several pics at
Has anyone had any experience restoring this model, or one close to it, and does anyone know of any good sources for technical info/parts/pictures? Any direction would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Merry Christmas, Jeremy Springer

Reply to
Jeremy Springer

A company called Year One handles a good amount of resto and reproduction stuff for Mopars of the 60's. Much of the mechanical parts are common to all Dodge, Plymouth, Chry, and DeSoto. Specific trim items for the Windsor might be a bit harder to find. If they have a web site it might be

. At least this is a start. As you get into it you discover more places selling parts. I might also pick up a copy of Mighty Mopar magazine at a news stand and browse the ads.

Good luck

I am new to the list, and Mopar in general. Recently I found and acquired a

1960 Chrysler Windsor with the intentions of restoring it, and have since been amazed at the total lack of information to be had on the Internet on this car. I posted several pics at
Has anyone had any experience restoring this model, or one close to it, and does anyone know of any good sources for technical info/parts/pictures? Any direction would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Merry Christmas, Jeremy Springer

Reply to
Rufus T. Firefly

I had a 58 Chrysler Saratoga and the best place for info and connections is the WPC Club. Most guys are snobs, but there are a few guys that are a valuable source of info. Parts swaps are also a good place. There isn't much out there for the 50's and early 60's big Mopars in the way of repops.

is a good place for general info as is
I think they are down because they are moving their servers, but there is a lot of info on their message boards and most of the guys are pretty helpful. They deal in mopars up to 61.

Reply to
Jimmy Da Greek

Cool, thanks for the tips!

Reply to
Jeremy Springer

Its just a Chrysler C-body, and C-bodies are pretty much the same throughout most of the '60s. The engine and drivetrain are common across many lines also (big-block, aka B/RB engine, 727 transmission). The only oddities are things like the fact that it falls into the range of years that use a pushbutton shifter and ball/trunion driveshaft with a band-type emergency brake, versus the later cars with lever-shifted transmissions and cross/roller driveshafts.

Search for "Chrysler C-body" and you'll find a lot more info, then just sort it for that which is applicable to your car. There's even a Chrysler C-body mailing list at :

Steve