1995 Acclaim Oxygen Sensor

I'm replacing the Oxygen sensor in my 1995 3.0 Acclaim. I have read on here that the Bosch unit that everybody sells is not good for my car. None of the Napa dealers near me carry the Echlin unit either. I was wondering if the Denso unit I can order is any good? I'd rather pay 35 for that than the $80 for a MoPar unit.

Thanks,

Joe

Reply to
jmcgill

Denso's fine, so's NTK or Standard-Bluestreak or ACDelco.

Just not Bosch.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I have a 91 with the same 3.0L and have had no problems with the Bosch O2 sensor. What's the beef?

Reply to
David Dowell

DS has some beef with Bosch. I used a Bosch sensor on my Acclaim for three years and 40,000+ miles with no problems whatsoever.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I agree with you Matt, Chrysler Uses Bosh now and these sensors do no have a problem

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
philthy

I'm correct to assume that the Oxygen sensor is located almost directly below the Air cleaner assembly on the 3.0, right?

I don't have the special chrysler tool, so I'll have to rely on an open-end wrench.

Reply to
jmcgill

I would remove it with a box wrench and install it with an open end wrench.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower