1995 Dodge Caravan A/C problem

I have a 1995 Dodge Caravan with A/C problems. I recharged the A/C unit with R134A. The pressure reads 60 when the Compressor is off and less than 20 when on on the low pressure side. It is Cycling with 3 seconds on and 1-2 seconds off. There is no cold air comming out. If I shut off the vehicle, the pressure hangs around 55-60. I have not detected any leaks. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Joe

Reply to
Joe

I don't think you put enough R134a in it. On my T&C, pressure when the system is at rest is over 100psi.

Now, $64 question, why was the system discharged, and how long was it discharged, and did you pull vacuum on it before you started putting refrigerant into it?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt