1997 Dodge Caravan Just 2 lights blinking on cluster

I have searched the group and found what I thought was the solution for my blinking light problem. However...I only have the AC Light and the Recirculate light that blinks.

When I run the diagnostic as you all have suggested..it seems to follow through and turn the lights off. However upon exit of the diagnostic...the lights begin to blink again immediately. If I run the car with the blower on for about 15 minutes...the lights will go out. They will start again when I turn the car off and start it again.

Functions controlled by all push buttons work wether the lights are blinking or not. The other lights do not work while the 2 are blinking...but will work when the 2 quit blinking. The previous owner stated that this problem began when water dripped on the passengar side floor mat. I have determined that this "water" came from the evaporator. Does any one have any insight or ideas ?????

Reply to
kelleigh

You are failing the cooldown test.....either from poor A/C performance or a failed (evaporator) fin temp sensor. If trouble started with water from the evaporator into passenger compartment, indicating a plugged drain, then the fin temp sensor is likely culprit. Does the A/C seem to work normally?

Reply to
Dipstick

If the engine is not at operating temp or your a/c is not putting out cold air the test will fail everytime.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks !!! That gives me something alse to take a look at....I appreciate it...I'll report back :-)

Reply to
kelleigh