2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager Water Pump

Hello all...

This has been a "fun" van to own--while it seems to be reliable enough and is holding up well, it has had enough stupid problems to make you wonder... It's a 2000 Grand Voyager with the 3.3L V6.

About two or three months ago, it suddenly and without provocation dumped coolant out of the weep hole on the water pump. After it did so, the leak continued for a while and then slowly eased off. I don't recall for sure if it stopped or not. I did find that filling the radiator and expansion tank back up to the proper levels would result in a repeat performance.

So the water pump was replaced, and everything seemed fine until today when it did the same thing. I'm sure that if I were to fill the radiator and expansion tank (the expansion tank is empty and the radiator low) it would end up on the ground again. This time around, however, it hasn't leaked at all afterward.

Any ideas?

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

philthy

Hi!

Ah yes, the van sure does have rear heat/AC. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

If there is air trapped back there, what is the best way to encourage it to leave?

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Reply to
philthy

Hi!

Where'd you get it or what is it called?

I think the water pump went. I found metal shavings down in that area, and it didn't look good when I got it out of there. Lifetime warranted...so the only thing was the labor to put a new one in. Hope it lasts a little longer.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Reply to