2000 Concorde LXi (1) Exhaust Leak (2) Door Actuator

I=92ve got a leak on the drivers side of the engine at the =93band clamp=94 (pg 11-7 Fig.7 of the orange 2000 Service Manual). I=92m having a radiator fan replaced Thursday for the second time in a year (passenger=92s side failed twice) and since the car can be hoisted while there, I=92m wondering if there=92s some tool they can use to squeeze those two components at the clamp. According to the book, it recommends taking the entire system down to make such adjustments but I can=92t imaging repair shops follow that procedure if there=92s a short cut available.

In another matter, my driver=92s door actuator is buzzing now. This is my THIRD actuator on that car. The only one unaffected is the left rear driver=92s side. Anyone found a source that sells these things a significant discount from the $125 or so that dealers want.? Wasn=92t there ever a technical bulletin issued on these damn actuators that gave consumers a break. KeyRiced! At $200 a pop if a dealer does it, a guy could have a tidy sum in replacement costs.

Reply to
jaygreg