2001 Grand Caravan - not engine = serpentine belt

Had my van to 2 garages and they both of opinion I had a lower engine knock ( 3.3 L). Definately sounded like metal on metal.

Finally brought to a Dodge dealer who informed me it was the serpentine belt (had a large chunk out of it). Even they said it can create was sounds like an engine knock.

A nice ending to this story which I thought I'd share with my resourceful friends on the newsgroups.

Reply to
J. Thompson