2002 Caravan - clunking front end

Something in the fornt suspension of my 2002 Caravan is clunking rather badly. It's happening on both sides.

However, this only occurs when the temp drops below about 45 degrees. I mentioned it once to the dealer and they found nothing - of course on the day they looked it was over 50 degrees.

My thoughts are that it could be bushings or the struts. My van has 28,000 miles. Anyone else know about this?

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Doug, I have the same issues with our 2001 Voyager. 30k miles rattles and clunks like hell when cold, sounds like the front end is falling out. No issues at all when temps are warm. I have to get it into the dealer when it's colder. I will leave overnight so it should be primed up in the morning. Keep us informed if you find out the problem. Bushings usually give off a creaking sound but who knows.

LG

Reply to
Cirrus99x

Have them check your front sway bar links. Had the same problem on a

2001 GC Sport. I took it in to the dealer and told him what I thought it was. They checked it out and changed the links on both sides. CLUNK GONE. GOOD LUCK

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr
2002 T & C 38K same problem Sway bar bushings replaced the clunking is gone

Reply to
The Seldin Family

Reply to
fred