2002 Grand Caravan - Trailer Towing

Does the 02 GC come with a factory installed tranny cooler? I've looked under the hood at the setup on this vehicle and there is a separate tranny cooler hooked directly into the transmission. The hoses are not connected to the radiator. All the mounts for the tranny cooler look like a factory install. Is this cooler enough or do I need to add an additional cooler? I'm looking at towing a pop-up at around 2200lbs loaded. The existing cooler is sandwiched between the condensor and the radiator.

Reply to
yamajake1

Sounds like you have a factory or dealer installed trans cooler. They do offer a "towing package" that includes the cooler, hitch, and connectors for the trailor.

I would think that cooler be adequate for towing. Just follow the directions in the owner's manual for tougue and overall weight. It may also have recommendations for trailer brakes depending on the weight.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

I know it didn't come with the factory towing package. The only component I'm concerned about is the tranny at this point.

- thanks

Reply to
yamajake