2003 Caravan - Driver's Power Seat - Front Riser - not working

2003 Caravan - Driver's Power Seat - Front Riser - not working

In my 2003 Dodge Sport Caravan, the Driver's seat Front Riser has stopped working. The front riser motor vibrates and makes a growling sound when I briefly move the front riser switch in the up or down position, but there is no movement in the linkage or seat. I presume the switch and motor or working, but don't know what else to try. I have looked for stuck debris in the linkage but could not find anything.

There are four motors under the seat.

1 - Seat forward-reverse - works OK. 2 - Recline (up and down) - works OK. 3 - Rear riser - works OK 4 - Front riser - motor growls and vibrates but no movement.

If seat is left in far forward position overnight, sometimes when moving back to normal position, seat forward-reverse motor growls but works. Later in the day it moves with normal motor sound. . Any help is appreciated as I don't have any warranty on this component.

Thanks in advance!

(to email replace all x with first letter of my first name.)

Reply to
Mike S