1992 Dodge Dynasty - no speedo

I have a 1992 Dodge Dynasty, 180,000 miles, 3.3L 4 speed. Yesterday on the way home the speedometer dropped to 0, then twitched back up to speed, then dropped back to 0 and stayed there. I replaced the output speed sensor, but no change. I get a code 15. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Bret

The output speed sensor does not drive the speedometer. The distance sensor drives the speedometer.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Is this the sensor that is on that back (towards the firewall) of the transmission? If so, I'll pick one up tomorrow.

Reply to
Bret

Well, that sensor appears to be the issue. While I can't get one anymore tonight, what I did was clean the contacts and reseat the connector. Now the speedometer works. I still plan to replace the sensor, but at least it is working for the work commute tomorrow morning.

Reply to
Bret