2003 T&C downshift problem

My 2003 Chrysler T&C has a noticeable abruptness to its 4th Gear to 3rd gear downshift. As the car decelerates to 30 MPH, the 4th to 3rd gear downshift takes place. But the downshift is not smooth. I have read that the valve body could be the root cause of this. I have the Chrysler Shop manual for the car and it details the removal and cleaning of the valve body. It doesn't look too difficult. However, I'm concerned about springs and whatnots that aren't detailed in the removal process. First , do you think the valve body is the culprit and two, are there any pitfalls in the removal and re-installation? Thanks for your help

Reply to
jb