2012 Chrysler 200 - Missing Skid Plates?

Hello,
Recently, I had my 2012 Chrysler 200 serviced (oil change), and my
mechanic, who I've trusted for years, noted that my car was not
equipped with skid plates (he was under the impression that all
Chrysler models came equipped with said plates).
I did some googling and found plenty of posts around the net
discussing missing skid plates on Jeeps, but not specifically for the
200/300 series. Was this a goof on Chrysler's part, or was it a
deliberate design change/cost cutting measure? Not that I think I
actually need the plates, as I don't drive the car on rough roads or
under tough conditions.
Just trying to get a clue, that's all...
Thanks,
James
Reply to
James Rau
not sure what you are calling "skid plates". most of those are protective plates under the transfer case on a 4wd. not sure why a 200 would need one.
Reply to
Rob
Thank you for responding. The skid plate I'm referring to supposedly protect the oil pan and tranny from accidental puncture. But you're right...not sure why a 200 would need one.
James
Reply to
James Rau
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 06:22:11 -0800, James Rau wrote:
There are some cars that have complete plastic bottom covers over everything. Some people might think they are skid plates. Don't recall what car but I recently read of one where you had to take off part of the bottom covers to change the oil filter. I would not be surprised if some lazy owners or shop monkeys were taking them off and throwing them away.
Reply to
Ashton Crusher
On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:17:43 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I did run across a few articles and some YouTube vids where the owners decided to "upgrade" these plastic covers, or remove them completely due to problems with oil/tranny overheating.
James
Reply to
James Rau

Site Timeline Threads