03 Stratus. Oil in air filter case

I have a 2003 Dodge Stratus with a 2.4.

A problem has developed with the air filter case has oil in it. The air filter is saturated with oil.

Is this symptoms of a clogged PCV, or something much worse?

Had been running fine up until this started.

Thanks,

KM

Reply to
greybuck

ilter is saturated with oil.

it is mostly due to bypass gasses. Usually it slowly develop as you lose co mpression in the cylinders due to bad rings. On the other hand, In every ca r, you will find some oil in the air filter depending on where the breather hose connects to. i donot know what to suggest?

in one extreme case, my catalytic converter was clogged and it increased th e bypass gas but you should know if it is your case by checking the rpm.

Reply to
u c c

filter is saturated with oil.

compression in the cylinders due to bad rings. On the other hand, In every car, you will find some oil in the air filter depending on where the breath er hose connects to. i donot know what to suggest?

the bypass gas but you should know if it is your case by checking the rpm.

I replaced the PCV, and there is not as much oil in the air filter case. I will monitor it over the next few days. The old PCV may have been clogged.

We'll see how it goes.

KM

Reply to
greybuck