28" minivan wiper blade opinion?

The 28" minivan blades seem to be ridiculously priced - My dealer didn't have any refills either. The parts guy said they tried selling a cheaper brand called "Atlas" but customers brought them back. I've tried the Canadian Tire blades but the OEM ones seem to be the best.

Has anyone tried the silicone blades/refills? Has anyone seen them retailed in Canada?

Will

Reply to
Will Halina

You may need to replace them about once a year and your life depends on you seeing out that windshield when the weather is bad. You do not have to go to the dealer to get your blades. Get some good ANCO blades, pay the money , and drive on. Don't put you life behind inferior parts. That is like using CHEAP brakes on your vehicle.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

I have had good luck with the Lexor universal length refills from Walmart on my '96 GC original wiper blades. It's a little tedious reassembling them, but they have performed well, and the kit is less than $5 (US).

Reply to
beemer

Hello,

I went with the 24" size and they still seem adequate and I guess less stress to the wiper motor.

Reply to
Hola

hmm. I've been quite satisfied with the Canadian tire metal wipers. What type of CTC wipers did you try?

I also find it helps extend the life of the wipers and improve their usefulness if I clean the blades every couple weeks. I dip a paper towel in washer solution and wipe the blade several times, then wipe the blade with dry towel several times.

Reply to
Bill 2

OT, but I thought I would share anyway...

Just be glad you don't own a 95 vision or concorde; $15 per wiper blade and you have to get the factory ones as the washer nozzle mounts on the blade itself. To this day, I haven't seen any adapter kits made to where you can use aftermarket blades. Roughly $40 for two blades (with tax) is amazing.

Reply to
N.Cass

I didn't see a lexor blade availible in 28" otherwise I would have tried it.

I tried the teflon ones ones from CT, but they started squeeking and shuddering sooner than the mopar product. I usually use a glass treatment like Rain - X regularly.

I'm intrigued by the silicone wipers from piaa but have never seen them in Canada They sound like they would be the ultimate wiper........

Has anyone tried them?

Reply to
Will Halina

The 28" minivan blades are $26 Canadian (about $19.50 US) each at the dealer here in Toronto..

Reply to
Will Halina

About 4 months ago I went to Cdn Tire and bought the top line one with the winter covering. Paid something like $30. Went to buy two came home with one. I am really disappointed in it it wipes clear on the upstroke but leaves a mess on the down. Was just thinking yesterday I am going to take it back and maybe try an exchange for another one. Maybe mine was defective.

On a side note, has anyone been happy with their rear wiper on 96 on? I had a 96 and now an 00 that I cant seem to get a blade to wipe more than a 5" strip in the centre of the blade.

Reply to
Mavrick

What I shouldn't be using $5 remanufactured brake pads????

Reply to
Mavrick

Those metal ones scare me. Back in my younger days I had a blade come off on my mustang while in use and it immediately put a nice score in my windshield. I seem to have been buying plastic since then.

Reply to
Mavrick

My 96 also does the same with a CTC replacement, The old rusty original worked better. Anyone with better luck please post where to buy.

Thanks,

Greg

Reply to
Hola

Will:

Do you not realize that you have answered your own question?

According to the "parts guy", Atlas ones don't perform as well, and according to you, CTC ones don't perform as well. These are cheaper alternatives to the OEM product. From this, we can conclude that cheaper is not better. Pony up and get the product that works.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gates

I have no problem with paying for quality - I just was wondering if someone had some different (hopefully more favourable) experience and I though I'd share mine. I was really hoping to see if anyone had tried the silicone blades from PIAA as an alternative and had some feedback - I didn't realize something like this was on the market. From what I can tell, I'd have to buy them from the US because they aren't stocked in Canada. I'd like to find out if it's worth the trouble.

Will

Reply to
Will Halina