300M: P0440 and P0441

Over the past two or three years our '02 300M has turned on the Check Engine Light a few times, and the "key dance" has indicated sometimes P0440 and sometimes P0441. At first the problem did not return for several months after pulling the fuses or disconnecting the battery, but now the CEL comes on again almost immediately.

I understand that both these codes indicate one or more problems with the emissions control system. How much work is involved in tracking down the problem, assuming the worst possible case, and how much might it cost to fix?

I did already replace the gas cap, but that has not solved the problem.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

I've never had these two codes on either of my Concordes, Perce, but I have read many threads and posts on both

and
about them. The guys over there have this problem figured out and know what the likely causes almost always are (besides the gas cap leak). IIRC, it is almost always either a particular hose that breaks (I think near the gas tank - could be wrong about that), or a valve that needs to be replaced. Anyway - search on those two forums or start your own thread there - you *will* come away with specific answers.

Reply to
Bill Putney