P0440 and P0446 codes AND A MISFIRE

I have had the emissions codes P0440 and P0446 since I was given the car by my mother. I took it to two diffrerent shops which just turned the ligth off and said don't worry about it. Then two days ago the engine light started to flash with a hard idle. It was explained as being a misfire. Did the emission cause a misfire? How can I get rid of these codes without having to spend so much I end up living in my car?

Reply to
Tiere via CarKB.com

have the bad parts that the codes refer to repaired or replaced. Afterwords have the light reset.

maxima

Reply to
Maxima