92 Chrysler minivan ABS controller

$1400.00 later

No programing needed

Reply to
maxpower

Why not stop by the dealer when it happens!!!!!!!!

Reply to
maxpower

"maxpower" wrote in news:BJqdnT5VtKgQZEHYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Got a used one off the internet (thanks Bill) $100 delivered, put it in myself. 1st Dealer wanted $3000/$900 (new/used). Never going back to them...

Thought so.

Regards, Cal

Reply to
40kHeadmen

"maxpower" wrote in news:NuudnafuIcpKZEHYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Their excuse is that they're so busy they can't look at it right away. Twice before they've left it until the next day, when of course, it fixes itself. All they find is the stored fault code.

What I probably have to do is set an appointment, and drive around beforehand to get it to fault...

Regards, Cal

Reply to
40kHeadmen

You're welcome.

Bill Putney

Well I guess throwing $100 away is better then $1300.00 Are you the original owner of this vehicle? and do you know if any work was ever done to the brakes for the recall? Send me the last 8 of the vin# to my e mail

al. So forgive me if I take

Reply to
maxpower

When you shut the engine off the ABS computer will reset. And if no fault is found when the car/van is started back up the abs computer will clear code and reset. If the abs light is on after driving it a while leave the engine running and tell the dealer to check it before they shut the engine off. And that the dealer to have a factory trained tech to work on it ,not there grease monkey. Get paper work or documentation of the check or repair. Keep on customer service to and wright down when you called and who you talked to. Stay on there case and if they do not fix it start pulling them five stars off of there dealer rating. Also contact the National Highway Safety Traffic Department. NHTSA They have a web site.

The brake problem on them vans is under a full lifetime recall. Stay on there case and make them fix it and if they do not contact your lawyer and have him call them dudes. The brake system is dangerous. The abs brake problem on that type of brakes can cause all braking to fail. They can take your life or other peoples life so do not fool around with them. It is time for you to get tough with the dealer and cry. Stomp your foot or jump up and down and howler lawyer and demand the customer service 800 no. and just plane have a good one at the service counter and of course at one of there busy hours. Good luck MT

Reply to
MT-2500

Does this vehicle have over 300k miles on it???? It already had the complete hydraulic assembly and pump motor replaced when it had 239.000 miles on it. that would be everything and more that the recall actually covered. Now may be a good time to go out and purchase the relays that control the brake system. (ONCE AGAIN NOT PART OF THE RECALL) So don't be surprised if you wind up paying for the repair after the problem is finally found.

Glenn

just a thought

Reply to
maxpower