94 Caravan trans.

My tranny will not shift into drive or reverse all the time, only when it wants to. I know it is not the tranny itself, it has to be something controlling the tranny. I changed the computer and also hydraulic/electrical module on front of tranny with junkyard parts. Maybe I got bad parts from junkyard?.. Could it be a clogged filter? Ed from Minnesota Thanks

Reply to
SunriseAlternatives

Sorry Ed. I can virtually assure you that if you changed the computer and hydraulic pack and nothing changed, that it IS the tranny. In fact I think your lucky that you didn't make it worse.

How many miles on this van?

I have a 94 T&C myself and the transmissions in those vans started out really terrible in 1990 and got progressibly better over the next decade - as Chrysler learned from their mistakes and redesigned parts. In fact the A604 transmission in a 2001 minivan is almost a completely different animal than in your van. For one thing the mechanical linkage is gone.

You can try a COMPLETE fluid and filter change but I think your tranny is just simply worn out. But you are lucky that it is still working since that means the gearsets and case are still good and a rebuild by a competent rebuilder would put it to rights.

You can try having a Chrysler dealer scan it with a scan too and tell you the clutch volume indexes - if they are out of range the transmission is worn out and needs rebuilding.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

"SunriseAlternatives" a écrit dans le message de news: gbqLi.17713$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny...

Hi. Try the MAP sensor. Good luck and give à folowing please. L.G.R.

Reply to
L.G.R.

Or you could try replacing the muffler.

LGR, give the guy a break. Sure he's a stupid shotgunner who deserves what he gets, but your getting just plumb rediculous. The MAP sensor is only used by the TCM to modify 2-3 and 3-4 shift hunting on grades.

The tranny on that year will shift into reverse even if the TCM is blown. It's part of the set that is actuated in limp mode.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Might be the PRNDL switch?