95 Caravan Plugs

In my 95 Caravan I bought Delco plugs.

Yes, the ones I removed were champion. I had to choose between Bosch and Delco. The guys in the shop recommended Delco.

I was under the car looking at the back 3. I didn't have time to install them though.

Do you think changing them from below is the easiest method?

Looks like I'll have to get a long screwdriver to push the plug cap off.

Anyone have any history about removing/re-installing them?

Mike

Reply to
mike

Definitely a better choice than Bosch.

You could pull the upper intake plenum, that opens everything up. If you think a 95 is tough, go one year newer.

What ever works for you. Any hard sharp tooling is certain to damage the plug wire and/or boot, so you'll want a new set of plug wires also.

Do 'em all the time. It's tight but not impossible.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I don't need to change the plugs on my 2003 3.8 yet, but was wondering if they are just as bad. Looks like it. I have a 93 and found what works for me best, was also taking off the plenum.

thanks, nick

Reply to
ncs

If this is a 3.0 it's easy to remove the housing for the air cleaner, just 2 bolts (12mm as I recall) up top, and slide the brackets out of the wire harness clips. When you put it back, watch the small hoses, one actually goes nowhere, it 's just a vent, and the other is for crankcase breathing. I have 2 3.0s and do the plugs this way every time

Reply to
r_s_bogar

If this is a 3.0 it's easy to remove the housing for the air cleaner, just 2 bolts (12mm as I recall) up top, and slide the brackets out of the wire harness clips. When you put it back, watch the small hoses, one actually goes nowhere, it 's just a vent, and the other is for crankcase breathing. I have 2 3.0s, one of which is a 95 Caravan, and do the plugs this way every time

Reply to
r_s_bogar

I had to change the O2 Sensor so I changed them from underneath the car. Wasn't too bad. The hard past was pulling the wire from the spark plug.

I was very happy to see how the old plugs were burning. They were white/browish with no oil deposits and very dry. Good News, huh? 121k miles.

Reply to
mike