95 LaBaron Transmission

My 95 LaBaron auto trans. will not shift out of 2nd gear. Will low fluid level cause this or do I need to take it to a transmission shop?

Reply to
geowheels

Get it in to a *good* transmission shop (no franchise houses; stay away from SCAAMCO and the like) right away. Assuming it's the 4-speed auto, with the shifter that says P R N D 3 L, this "permanent 2nd gear" operation is failure mode, and continuing to drive it this way can worsen the problem. Right now it's probably confined to something minor, like a speed sensor.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern