96 Grand Voyager washer problem

My front and rear washers are not working. There is no power at the pumps so I'm tracing back to see where the problem is. I suspect it may be the PTC (#9 in the junction block), but the FSM has almost no information on the PTC devices. I can't even be sure which one is #9 and I don't know if these are replaceable. It looks like they might be able to be pulled out with needle nose pliers, but I can't tell for sure if they are socketed or soldered in permanently.

Anyone know how these work and how to identify them by number? The one diagram in the FSM shows all 10, but doesn't number them (page 8W-12-2). And the schematic that shows some of them, shows them numbered out of order, 10, 8, 7, 9 (page 8W-12-8), but being a schematic it wouldn't be surprising if it didn't match the physical location in the junction block.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

mic canic

Try this...

Open the hood, and look towards the passenger side firewall. You will see a black hose, the washer fluid hose. There will be a link that can be pulled-apart and opened. Do that. CAREFULLY blow into the end that goes to the reservoir. you will hear bubbles.

Doing this loosens and trapped debris that may be plugging the intake.

Re-fit the connections and try the washers.

On my 96, I would have to do this about once a month!

PT_Sean

If you do it once a month, just take out the tank and flush it.

Reply to
David

Easier to SELL IT! So I did.

Reply to