97 Dakota Radiator Fan won't turn off

This afternoon when I turned off my truck I noticed that the radiator fan motor was still spinning the fan even though it's still cold out and I hadn't driven far. 15 minutes later when I came back outside the fan was still running. I suspect a relay or a switch, but not sure where to start looking. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Reply to
digdug8

I had that happen to me this summer. The contact relay the fuse block under the hood gets very hot. I practically burned my finger just touching it. The relays are way to undersized. The contacts welded them selves together. I slapped it with a screw driver and the fan shut off. I just did a quick swap with the fog relay because they are the same type. Pry the old one open and you will see how pitted and burnt they get from use. A simple replacement will do the trick.

Reply to
Scott S.

That did it. Thank you!

Reply to