'97 Grand Cherokee - Won't start, no spark

My 1997 GCL Orvis Edition w/ 62K miles abandoned me tonight.

Went to dinner and a movie and upon returning to the vehicle it would not start. Prior to this the Jeep has shown NO signs of imminent failure.

It spins over very easy. I found the ignition coil at the front of the engine, removed the wire, jammed a screwdriver inside the boot and held it near the tower while the better half spun the engine - no spark observed.

Am I close to the right area or should I keep trouble shooting? There seems to be a lot written on crankshaft position sensors on these vehicles. Since I'm working on the street is this a simple task to replace? Where is this item located on the engine?

I'll be back out there at 8am tomorrow to start feeding the parking meter it's stalled at.

Boy, a BMW X5 is looking better all the time.

Reply to
jailallspammers-online

Shep