97 T&C 3.8L LXI Shaking

I brought the car in for servicing, because car was shaking at 40 mph and also on acceleration up a hill, Technician said it was CV joints, I had them replace them and they tested out and found it to still be shaking at 40, they removed the new axles and put back old ones, they started looking around to see what else it could be and they found nothing, they could only make ??Possible Suggestions?? anywhere from Transmission to bad tires

No codes are showing

car has 245,000 all highway, runs soundly and quie Please help with any suggestion Thank

-- subaru585

View this thread:

Send from

subaru585

also on acceleration up a hill, Technician said it was CV joints, I had them replace them and they tested out and found it to still be shaking at 40, they removed the new axles and put back old ones, they started looking around to see what else it could be and they found nothing, they could only make ??Possible Suggestions?? anywhere from Transmission to bad tires.

I would start with rotating the tires. If that doesn't make a difference then check the inner cv joints, paying close attention to the passenger side inner.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

The OP said the CV joints were replaced. How about the engine mount(s)?

Ken

Reply to
KWS

Describe the "shaking". You could be describing torque converter shudder. Judging by your description it sounds like that. Have the trans flushed with

Reply to
jdoe

Yup , I understand that, I also understand that there is alot of junk out there that is sold as rebuilt that doesnt meet the specs of a new part. The inner cv joints will cause a vibration on accelleration as the OP describes if they are worn. I have also seen axles sold with only the outer joints and not the inner joints

Reply to
maxpower

on acceleration up a hill, Technician said it was CV joints, I had them replace them and they tested out and found it to still be shaking at 40, they removed the new axles and put back old ones, they started looking around to see what else it could be and they found nothing, they could only make ??Possible Suggestions?? anywhere from Transmission to bad tires.

Does it feel like all of a sudden you're driving over a "washboard" road surface? Does it stop immediately if you lift your foot off the gas?

If so, it could be torque convertor shudder. Did someone ever put transmission fluid OTHER than Chrysler ATF+3 or ATF+4 in it? If so, change the fluid immediately and use the correct fluid (AFT+3 is probably recommended for that year, ATF+4 is backward compatible and is a better fluid, but more expensive).

Reply to
Steve