98 3.3 6 cyl grandcaravan horn?

where the hell is it? Please don't tell me that I gotta take the front end off to get at the damn thing. I got a dead horn on my hands, the fuse is ok, the relay is ok, I gotta find the horn to test and eliminate it as the problem because if it turns out to be the clockspring I might be able to claim it on a recall. Anyone with a similiar problem or input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
ronzo

Hint about possible clockspring - a bad clockspring usually also results in the airbag light staying on and/or cruise control inop. Also, if the relay is good, and the clockspring is good, and the horns(s) are bad, you should be able to hear the horn relay clicking when activating the horn switch.

If required the horns should be accessible from below. Ramp up, or jack up the front left. Behind the front facia you should see them both hanging from a common 'U' bracket.

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
jdoe