Any comments on Dodge Charger V6?

Plus now with the govt. mandates on car fuel economy, it would not do them good to sell all v-8s even if it cost them the same to make as the sixes. I don't think these rules apply to the guzzling suvs like they do to regular cars.

Reply to
frenchy

The computer controlling the variable displacement system has to be reset.

Reply to
K7AAY

Another guy found it on a Canadian auto review website, and then called two dealerships. Dealerships said hey both said that the system (MDS) resets itself upon reconnecting the battery. .So a reporter got it wrong. would not be the first time.

Reply to
K7AAY

"However, the owner's manual warns that if the battery is disconnected, the car must be returned to the dealer to have the MDS reset. "

K7AAY

"However, the owner's manual warns that if the battery is disconnected, the car must be returned to the dealer to have the MDS reset. "

K7AAY

No one's ever provided a citation that convinces me that the above is true. There's no apparent reason that it SHOULD be true. The implication is that if your battery dies in Podunk Nevada, you gotta call a towtruck, which I don't believe a rational company would do (even one related to a company silly enough to think 'Brake Assist' is a good idea).

Until I see the passage quoted from a Chrysler Factory Service Manual, consider me a skeptic. It just doesn't pass the logic sniff test.

Reply to
Steve

The cite was pulled from a Chrysler user manual in Canada, as noted elsewhere on this list.

Reply to
K7AAY