Average cost to replace FUEL INJECTORS ??

My car is missing while running at higher speeds, and runs smooth when at idle. I am thinking it got fuel injectors clogged. It is a 94 Chrysler New Yorker, I have not changed injectors on it ever since I got it 5 years ago. I changed wires, spark plugs, filter, but not injectors. Are there hard to change, if so, how much should I expect to spend? It might be time for this car to go. Thanks.

Reply to
rcjesse

I would not worry about that right now. Take it to someone that can diagnosis your problem and tell you what is really wrong with it. Is the check engine lite on?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

No I've had it with this car. I already boght a different car. I'll have to sell it like that. Thanks.

Reply to
rcjesse

Injectors for my car at the local parts store are $50 each.

Reply to
Steve Stone

Have you tried a fuel injector cleaner additive?

Or you might try techron.

I once had a carburetor which was terribly clogged. Using chevron gas with techron cleared it up and ran like new. I swear by the stuff (as much as I hate Chevron)

AJ

rcjesse wrote:

Reply to
AJ