blend air door 92 Caravan

Not that it is a problem but I have noticed the air door will change positions when the engine is under load when I am on a steep hil or accelerating for a loonger period of time than norma. It will change from vent and feet position to defrost. Once the load is back to normal it will change back to normal.

Is this normal for this vehicle or should I be concerned for some problems in he future.

cheers Marv

Reply to
Islander

No it is not normal. The most common reason why it is doing that is because the small black check valve at the brake booster is bad. It is the one that is inline with the hose going into the dash. The cost is about $20. The other problem could be a vacuum leak within the HVAC vacuum system including a ruptured actuator diaphragm

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower