Crazy heat problem- help! 95 Caravan

Hi- I have a 95 Caravan that suddenly lost normal heating ability.

I was getting warm air on defrost but when I'd switch it to vent or floor- cool air.

Did a complete flush and fill, replaced thermostat and now the heat is only warm when I rev the engine in neutral or park.

Put in a new water pump and had great heat for about 15 minutes...then back to cool air again! Grrr!

We're ready to warm this van up by setting it on fire- any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks! Laura

Reply to
LauraK

Let me know what you find! If you read through this group, you'll find there are a number of us with the same problem! There does not seem to be a magic bullet solution!

The only other thing I can think of that you haven't mentioned...did you replace the radiator cap at the same time? Are the arrows lined up with the hoses? This also seems to have an effect.

Hachi, still freezing in his '92...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Any time you deal with heat from the system you have to determine if it is a heater core/HVAC problem or an engine problem. Feel the hoses that come into the firewall and make sure they are hot going in and hot going out. if they are hot and still have no heat you have a blend air door problem inside the box. If the hoses are warm to cool find out why the engine is not heating up.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hachiroku- Yep replaced the radiator cap.

maxpower- we flushed the heck out of the heater core- again, for a longer time- and now have heat. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and for it to go away again.

*finger crossed*

(The hose going in was quite hot and coming out warmish b4.)

Thanks- I'll keep updating.

Reply to
LauraK