Blinkers keep shorting out...

My turn signal fuse keeps popping. It's been to cold to go out there to look at the bulbs.... Were should I start??????? Could the back up bulb be shorting out cause its on the same fuse???

Anyone Thanks Jake

87 Grand Fury.
Reply to
M Hayes529

Primary suspect is wiring where it passes through metal edges, so check where the wiring for the rear lamps passes through the rear of the quarter panel. Also check where the wires enter the back ends of the sockets themselves; I've seen them chafe and short at that location. You may also have a foozled socket, or a cross-shorted bulb.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Thanks.... I have to sell the car soon my 2004 Grand Marquis just came off the truck today.

Jake

Reply to
M Hayes529