can anyone who knows chrysler SHUDDERING problems help?

Almost as frustrating as being one of several people who tell someone like you exactly where your problem is, only to have you pretend not to hear it.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Sometimes the solution will present itself so that even a casual passer-by will say, AHA!

I had a clicking problem caused by a bad CV joint. Figured out that when I drove over an unseen branch, it punctured the CV boot. Damn. It was a dark and stormy night that blew down the branch. When I heard that surprising crunch, I just knew it was not simple in the pit of my tummy.

To replace the CV boot cost as much in just labor as replacing the entire axle. As the CV joint deteriorated, the clicking on turning became at times perhaps the cause for a shudder on the highway. This was for a minivan where I was told the CV boot is difficult to replace by itself. Might as well buy a new axle which includes the CV boot.

I went over a small speed bump about nine months later. The axle fell out and down. And a very kind supermarket worker picked up one of the bearings that had fallen out and pushed me to a parking spot. I was surprised at how large the ball bearing was. I went over that bump at probably 2 or 3 mph. Yes, I know, I was very, very lucky that sunny day.

It's hoped that this fellow will check out his suspension. If a wheel falls off or an axle breaks, at highway speeds, this can be a considerable danger to himself and to others also on the road.

Reply to
Treeline