Changing a fuel line hose..quick connectors

I need to change one of the rubber fuel line hoses leading that comes out of the sending unit on a 93 Sundance. It looks like a pretty straight forward operation however I can't determine how the "quick connectors" go on and come off. It doesn't look like there are any clips or anything of that nature to loosen or tighten them. Can anyone enlighten me as to how they work and is there anything special I should know about the process of changing the fuel line? I know that I have to somehow relieve the pressure in the system although I 'm not quite sure how to do that. Any information would be appreciated.

Reply to
e62836

I have been told that the term "quick connector" may be incorrect in regard to my previous e-mail. I am referring to the bands at either end of the hose that hold it in place. They are some sort of clamp but I don't know what their proper name is.

Reply to
e62836

Take a screw driver under the thick side of the clip. (pointed side) and pry up. They are a u-shape clip and slip on and off fairly easily.

Reply to
David

Thank You ! Do you know what the correct name for them is?

Reply to
e62836

You mean the hose clamps?

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

No, I think quick-connect is an acceptable term. Replace them when you put it back together. You can get them from any parts store. usually come with a new fuel filter and/or pump.

Reply to
David

skype: jjpfeifferjr

After further research I found that I was mistaken about the parts involved and how they fit together. Apparently the end of the quick connectors slide into the rubber fuel line hose and there is another ring of some sort that fits around the end of the hose and secures it to the quick connector. I thought that I could just take the ring off, slide the hose off of the quick connector and then put the new hose on with a new ring. Apparently it would be just as easy to take everything off including the quick connector. This brings up another question: how does that ring secure to the end of the hose?

Reply to
e62836