Chrysler and to sell mini-cars?????

According to the article at:

Chrysler will be selling "Made in China" tiny cars. I just completed a 1500 mile motor trip over the holiday and saw ONE Echo! What makes Chrysler think that there will be a market for their version in the US of A?

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

According to the article at:

Chrysler will be selling "Made in China" tiny cars. I just completed a 1500 mile motor trip over the holiday and saw ONE Echo! What makes Chrysler think that there will be a market for their version in the US of A?

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

More likely:

News

"News" wrote

Wouldn't be surprised. Despite poor reviews and a price higher than some entry-level real cars, you see a lot of them up here in Canada, where they're sold in MB dealerships. They have almost a screw-you type of cult image here, with owners ignoring the chuckles and boasting about interior space for two people, fuel economy and ease of parking, as well as how safe they are in a collision. They certainly are like nothing else on the road.

Reply to
Dave Gower

(Quote from article) The move gives Chrysler a relatively quick entry into a growing segment of the car market where it now has no significant product, and it prepares the company in case gasoline prices escalate again to above $3 per gallon,

$3 per gallon!! Try £4 ($7.83) per gallon! We're being robbed here in the UK! (No wonder I can't afford a 300c, or afford to keep my Wrangler)

Adam

Reply to
Adam H

Nope. The Smart car doesn't compete with the Toyota Yaris. It's too dumb, inadequate for two people to go grocery shopping.

Our paper had an article on this and quoted a Chrysler person saying: A new model from Chery. Chrysler said they need a car in this size group, they don't have one now.

Reply to
who