Chrysler ME Four-Twelve

Um - someone want to tell me why this is concept is badged as a Chrysler and not Mercedes?

------------

Chrysler ME Four-Twelve

Chrysler execs were beaming as they unveiled the company's first-ever mid-engined super car. Conceived as a follow-up to last year's Viper-powered Tomahawk motorcycle, the ME took less than a year to create, from concept to functional show car. The name comes from the powertrain, a quad-turbo V-12 developed by Mercedes' performance arm, AMG. The 6.0-liter engine produces 850 hp @ 5750 rpm and 850 lb-ft of torque, translating to 142 hp per liter. This massive Hemi-embarrassing output is managed by a seven-speed Ricardo double-clutch transmission developed specifically for this car. Weighing just 2880 lbs, the carbon-fiber-bodied ME Four-Twelve reportedly can go 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds and blaze the quarter-mile in 10.6 seconds at 142.0 mph. Calculated top speed is 248 mph.

------------

More info:

MoPar Man

This is just a guess, but as DC is now trying to reintroduce Dodge in Europe and upmarketing Chrysler at the same time it might be a 'show and tell' thing. Besides that, Mercedes already has a large number of extremely fast models in Europe (over 10 models afaik). Besides all those luxury and fast models there are also a lot of Mercedesses in Europe which are smaller cheaper and less Mercedeslike. I have the feeling that those will be branded Dodge overhere.

So, in Europe you'd have Mercedes for toplevel fast luxury saloons, Chrysler for fastsh luxurish salonish cars and Dodge for right price anything else. This are just my 2 eurocents (27% better than dollarcents). Otherwise I cannot make any sense of it either, besides the fact I don't think anyone is really waiting for another supersportscar anyhow. I'd rather buy the new GTO even if it is just a reshaped 4 door boring familycar designed for sad people. :)

Reply to
Martin Boer

Your URL is slightly wrong but I found it anyway. Interesting stuff! I actually found the Jeep Rescue to be a much more interesting than the ME 412 that is probably aimed at NASCAR and the garages of a handful of car collectors.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt