Chrysler Pentastar returns

Lovely:

On August 3, 2007 after the announcement of the spin-off of Chrysler to > Cerberus, the Detroit Free Press announced that Chrysler LLC or "The New > Chrysler" will unveil the new company logo on August 6, 2007 at the company > headquarters. "The New Chrysler" launched its new website with a new > variation of the previously used Pentastar logo.

Reply to
who

Very wise. The Pentastar is a lot simpler and more recognizable from a distance. Probably it's cheaper to print as well. And it's more recognizable to the general public than the new medallion.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Ted, If you are speaking of the "ribbon medallion", it goes back to 1924 with the Chrysler 70, thus not new.

Reply to
<CountFloyd

I know. I meant "new" in that Chrysler started using it again recently.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Yes, but it was a company emblem, not a brand emblem. What's your Dodge emblem? Is it different from your Chrysler emblem? If not, why? Chrysler obviously wants people to differentiate the 2 brands. (Would GM use the Chevy bow-tie for Buick?)

Reply to
Lloyd