how long will new mls headgasket last?

I just had the head gasket replaced in my 1998 dodge caravan 2.4l 4cyl with 52k miles. It had been leaking oil from the original non mls gasket for about a year and recently started getting worse. How long can I expect this new mls gasket to last? Will it eventually leak too?

Reply to
jcs444dixmyth

Depends on how well the head and block were cleaned before the installment of the new gasket. I have installed so many of these gaskets to replace the paper ones and have not had one come back with a leak yet

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

That is pretty much what I have heard too. If the MLS is installed correctly it shouldn't need replacment.

I have a 2000 Cirrus with a 2.4, that came with the MLS. Doing fine at

50,000 miles. The one in my 1998 Stratus had to be replaced at 53,000 miles.

-KM

Reply to
kmath50