cirrus 95

Hi guys. I have a chrysler cirrus '95 with a 2.5 engine, automatic transmition. The car died on me. The engine stoped while driving. Brought the car to a garage, and they told me it's the distributor. The water pump was also leaking, so I replaced the water pump too. I've bought a distributor , installed it and the car still won't start. I've brought the distributor back, they gave me another one and still it won't start. After checking everyting, sparkplugs aren't getting any fire. I've decided to change all the cables, and still, no fire going to the sparkplugs. The mechanic told me he's absolutely positive it's the computer. I've checked this newsgroup for a while, I've read most messages about '95 cirrus, and everybody seems to have problems with the distributor, but nobody with the computer. Tomorow we'll try a new computer to see if it will work or not. My question is this: is there a sensor for the distributor which causes the distributor to send or not send fire? We've checked the timing belt and everything, and all is fine. I can't beleive I've bought two bad distributors. It can happen but I doubt it. I also doubt the fact that the computer's the problem. btw, the computer the mechanic said it's bad, it's located on the right part of the enginge, near the battery plugs, it's all made in metal. Sorry if my message is sooo long and also sorry if I misspelled some words.... and thanks for all the answers or suggestions. please reply to the newsgroup. thanks

Reply to
HabGuy

mic canic

what about the dist.cap and otor was that replaced??? HabGuy wrote:

[...]

OK so let me get this straight. You took it to a garage, paid for a diagnosis on it, then intended to do the work yourself. You then proceeded to replace the parts that the garage said were bad, and it didn't work.

How many times are you going to do this? Most mechanics out there don't guarentee that their diagnosis of the problem is accurate until after the repair has been done. If you want to play mechanic, you make your own diagnosis.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Hi Ted,

Reply to
HabGuy

Has either of you checked the crank positioning sensor? You need an oscilloscope for this.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Hi Ted. is the sensor located on the top of transaxle? It looks like a black piece of plastic, just one set of connectors and it goes into the transaxle. Does it happen often that it breaks down? and thanks. also SORRY if earlier I've hit the reply button instead of reply group. sorry.

Reply to
HabGuy