95 CIRRUS FRONT END NOISES

I have a 1995 Cirrus that is making 2 distinct noises from the front end. The first is a loud clunk when turning the wheels --this is an intermittant noise with no predictability...had a shop look at it and couldn't find anything.

The second noise is a priodic creak when turning the wheels, (not the tires) even at a dead stop. It reminds me of the creaking of a ship...this too is intermittant and not predictable.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
pieri

I also forgot another question I had about my 95 Cirrus....

it also recently started having trouble starting when it is damp or wet out...especially after a rain storm or even a heavy dew the night before. It will simply crank and crank then begin to fire, it takes a good

30 seconds to a minute to start while pumping the pedal to death. Once running it will want to bog down or stall at times when starting from a dead stop. Once it reaches operating temp it is fine and runs perfect.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

intermittant

Reply to
pieri

I feel your pain / frustration....... I have a 98 cirrus. About a year ago mine developed a similar noise. Turn wheels all the way left or right, put into drive, coast forward and hear a loud clunk from the front end drivers side. Press brakes, put into reverse and coast backwards - same loud clunk. I took it to a shop and none of their mechanics could find it. They tried so hard that one of the mechanics sat in the drivers seat coasting the car backwards and forwards while another mechanic lay across the hood with one arm up under the drivers side wheel well trying to feel for where the sound was coming from. The ball joints were all good, the bearings were good, the CV joints were good, the linkages were good, the bushings were good, all the bolts were tight - still couldn't find bloody clunk sound! They spent a morning looking for the sound and came up empty.

It's a nice car, but the front end suspension leaves a bit to be desired!

Reply to
hutchicj

Original plug wires? May be time to change them.

Good luck.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Meyer